progress report

Zarthustra
I've done it! I've started The Rice Diet on Monday 31st October. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be -- I've not been really hungry at all, and I haven't had any cravings - like it's been no problem to pass up the bikkie box at work or avoid the cookies and chips my husband keeps munching on. I can do this! And the best part? As of this morning, Saturday 5th November (it's not even a week yet) I have lost more than 13 pounds. I am STOKED! I posted a couple of times before I started, and received encouragement from some of you that really made me feel welcome.
The failures and reverses which await men - and one after another sadden the brow of hollister - add a dignity to the prospect of human life, which no Arcadian success would do.