Why a staff/admin has not answered you or your question. . .

Why a staff/admin has not answered you or your question. . .

I have seen many complaints of the staff+ not doing their jobs recently and hopefully this will help let you see our side.

For me personally I come on minecraft to build and sometimes help people, but people seem to need help 24/7 and I simply can not put up with this. I try to devote at least 1-2 hours of my free time a day to help people with griefs, ratings, and other nonsense, but they always need more help. Now I understand rating are important for promo and stuff but some of you players are out of control with ratings. We Staff+ perfer to rate everything in one shot, not rate building 1... building 2.. building 3. That takes a lot of time and tends to get on our nerves.

When I am not helping people and generally ignoring questions that have to do with rating [I respond to about 99% of griefs] I try to build in Magneta and clean up the spawn area. Every now and then I do get overwhelmed with questions and just quit or ignore everyone completely, but I do this when I havent been able to build for hours due to questions.

Why are other staff/admins ignoring you. . .?

Sadly not every staff member is perfect and some do not do their jobs at all. We will fix this soon hopefully but until then you need to find out who is good and who is bad at their job. Also you need to find out who is nice and who is pure evil. Remember staff members are people which means that we have personalities and respond differently to different situations.

In the comments below, please address your issue about staff/admins in a NICE way. Do not rage, cuss, rant. Just say "Mr.Staff never does his job and kills puppies for a living" and we will try our best to fix the
issue.

Some tips on asking staff questions
- use the staff name, question format [trust me it makes us a lot  happier](Nic I hope you read this one)
- Only ask staff+ for help on things that no one else can do [protections, grief checks, etc]
- Only ask for ratings once every few days [we do not like rating the same thing EVERYDAY]
- do not ask for cuboids
- Do not ask staff for help on stuff you can do yourself, ex Can you tp me to the top of my hotel or place this floor for me
- If a staff member seem is bombarded by questions try to help them

Re: Why a staff/admin has not answered you or your question. . .

hrhr77
I tottaly agree on you lakers. Staff also need to have time too build and it is good to spent ur last 1-2 hours on ratings. Maybe a tip is too get people who are good with rating trying to rate for u so u have more time for building and those others rate

Re: Why a staff/admin has not answered you or your question. . .

Iandrum
Yeah, I notice this about non-stop all day, everyday. Most times I hear "Staff name?" without players stating their question in the same sentance, thus leading to several messages with the staff name. Players are getting too dependant on Staff / Admins, and don't know when they can have their problem solved by a peer. As far as griefing goes, naturally, you are going to need staff to look at big brother / roll the grief back if it is nessasary. Even with griefing, some players see signs saying inappropriate things, and they delete the signs right away when the can click on the sign once to see who placed it. This saves staff time with having to go out of their way to find a griefer.

As with rating, you should not go directly to a staff member I feel. First, you should ask your peers, the people around the same rank as you, even the architects. Many times, we will be happy to aid in rating to give you pointers, and try to make sure your build is as good as it can be before showing it to a staff member (thus saving frustration for the staff member, as well as yourself.) Many vip2s and 3s (such as myself) respond to rating requests once we have some free time (I try to respond within 10 minutes after asking). While rating is important to rank up, you should never live for ratings or rank. If no one responds to you, there is always something to improve on to better your chances. Enjoy playing the game of minecraft and worrying less about ratings.

Staff may have jobs to do, but this is a game that they too purchased, and want to enjoy. Give them time to do that, and maybe they would be more willing to help out. Of course some staff help out more than others, but there are certain times when Staff members need breaks. Stop harrasing them on chat by saying they are horrible, stop flaming them on the forums saying that they need to be demoted. All the staff members are where they are because they show they can be helpful, and deal with social situations, however, it gets harder when players are asking them the same question non-stop.

Utilize the other players (even the builders) as much as the staff. Save the staff some frustration.
Rant over
-Ian
Iandrum
Staff

Re: Why a staff/admin has not answered you or your question. . .

rspminecraft
Okay I'm going to skip my rating rant because Ian has said everything I would, I agree with him 100%.

To the ignoring the chat and having alone time? Keep doing it Lakers (and others) you deserve it.

The addresses/issues with staff is where I will focus. I'm simply going to give my positive and negative feelings to each staff (that I feel are on enough to get a feel for them). And end with my opinion on whether they are fit for their role.

Pwego - chill on skype, quiet guy though so he lays back, could be a bit more involved but its hard because he gets spammed. :Fit for owner...of course :p

Zachbora - When you get his attention he helps, sometimes a bit disrespectful however funny and interesting. :Needs own rank, he doesn't perform the roles Lakers, Rock, or Dosy would.

Lakersreloaded - Extremely helpful and kind, interacts with players and I give him props for correctly dealing with most situations. The best admin/staff in my opinion. :Fit for admin

Rockgeek - Not too much interaction with the server however he is kind and helpful when he is out and about. :Fit for admin

Dosycool - Usually on at different times because of his timezone, however extremely helpful and kind, deals with situations correctly. :Fit for admin

Nillas - Pretty chill guy, he likes to do his own thing, likes to have fun with people and interacts a bunch. : Fit for staff

RockinW - He rarely talks anymore which is a shame because hes really nice, seems to be lying low (there may be a reason of which I do not know) :Fit for staff

Coolmankimo - Hard to rate, can be helpful however I don't often speak to him because he ignores chat too much : Unfit for staff

iamTylerH - Not much to say really, doesn't help that often and seems to troll other players, hearing many complaints : Unfit for staff

No_Life - great builder, however often demeaning and hurtful to players, can be too rash, almost seems he trys to be mean to make an image of himself (which isn't necessarily bad) however can be used in excess, has no patience for "noobs" and often ignores crys of grief, etc. AFTER ALL THIS, I actually like No_Life for some odd reason.. :Fit for staff

[Vip3] SilverCity, Magcolony, and now my new supercity! Goodman, Grey and m3ch are my broskis.
http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/rspgreytopher/

Re: Why a staff/admin has not answered you or your question. . .

Re: Why a staff/admin has not answered you or your question. . .

Lakers if u giveme a spot in tour I'll help out there fir a few min each day...
And I was wondering if we could make an arch 2 that has no more power but just shows ur different from the rest. Arch will get crowded and having a new tag would make arch 1 feal mire normal and it would stop the crowding of to many arches as u once said u didn't want to have. But arch 2 must do something more than build for themselves. U guess that mean u would need to work for an admin... Me working for u so on.
Just  an idea so arch 2 feals  like ur a bit better cause use done more to get there.
Or not ur choice.
And sry I am hinting at myself... Oooooops.

Re: Why a staff/admin has not answered you or your question. . .

Re: Why a staff/admin has not answered you or your question. . .

Schneids47
Well, first of all I agree 120 % with Ian on this one. The staff should be the last step in getting a building rated.  Also, staff aren't needed for every question under the sun.  Many of the players on here know the answers to most of the questions you may have, and many players can help you too.  As for griefing, yes staff are needed for that, but if its just a small little thing with like 5 planks gone or something fix it.  Staff aren't needed for little things like that.

As for people that think that staff should be demoted for not doing their jobs, I slightly disagree with that.  Chances are if a staff isn't helping someone out, they're building and making the server a better place for example.  The staff aren't just staff for helping people, they are there to make the server a better place with amazing builds in the big cities (spawn, mag, not ice, etc.)  I do however think that the 15 or so staff that haven't been on in over 5 months should be demoted.  We don't need 28 something staff when only about 10 of them ever get on.

So the moral of this story is, do it yourself, or get archs and under to help if at all possible.

Re: Why a staff/admin has not answered you or your question. . .

rspminecraft
I liked your post No_LIfe, well said, very good to see your side and I can understand you better now. As to the other staff, I left them out because I don't interact with them enough to give a fair opinion.
[Vip3] SilverCity, Magcolony, and now my new supercity! Goodman, Grey and m3ch are my broskis.
http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/rspgreytopher/

Re: Why a staff/admin has not answered you or your question. . .

Dwarfy

Oh boy, I previewed this and it was much longer than I had expected, sorry if this bugs you, I just really wanted to state my opinion in the best way possible.

I feel there's 5 types of people on here.

1. You, who is reading this, who builds outstanding projects in minecraft. You who makes cities and see other's creations.

2. Those who don't get on minecraft to put any effort into something and rather just play to have fun.

3. Those who's goal is fame in pwegoserver, who want to build awesome buildings for fun but moreover for a rating and a promotion.

4. Those who are brain-dead (Young kids) and do not yet understand what is going on.

5. Those who get enjoyment from seeing people's expressions when they see their creations turned to rubble. (Griefers)

Now the questions staff and admins or anyone who has a high rank get most of the time are questions such as:
- Can you rate my building
- How do I become mag or ice
- I've been griefed help me

It's fine to ask for ratings but lets not push it, It's not meant to be the purpose of the server. If someone can't get enjoyment from building structures and cities and they're only concerned with getting a promotion or a good rating then they should probably do something else with their time.

Now if someone asks questions that are obvious or too impatient they shouldn't be here either. When I joined, There were signs all over that explained how to apply for builder, how to get to noob build, and all that, It just takes a bit of time to read through. But if someone's isn't patient enough to read the signs then they too should not spend their time in the server.

Griefing is a mighty issue indeed, and if any question should be answered always, it's griefing. The only time I could see it be a bad question is if the grief is a 2 second fix on foot, or it is tied to a different issue, such as that person was building on a lot that had not bought, and the owner of the marketplace was removing it and so on.

So staff, admins, owners, they get bothered a bunch by these sort of people. And it's becoming a bigger issue but it's not a problem that can't be solved. One solution is already being attempted here, and that's trying to fish out who does any work in the server and who doesn't. But there are other solutions as well.

First off being a bit tougher in general wouldn't hurt in my opinion.
- Make it completely obvious how to apply for builder and how to get to noob build and explain what the server is about in some sort of way. It a new player asks questions that were deliberately answered right in front of them when they spawned, then they should be ignored or kicked because at that point there is no way they could manage to be any good to the server.
- Design a better rating system. Instead of having the traditional "Yell for ratings until you get a promotion" maybe having a day or two set every week for ratings/promotions. That way every other day of the week ratings should not be an issue.
- Put people in charge of grief issues. Not only should staff and admins be able to diagnose griefer situations, but people who will be glad to help fix the grief and find out who did it. Roll back powers of course are too much to hand over, but would it hurt of this rank could at least tell who broke what block?

So yes I realize this was a long post. Took much more time to type but I really got the feeling after reading this thread that some people were hiting some key points, but weren't thinking of solutions. I also realize that lakers is asking me to comment on which staff/admins are good or bad but I personally think that most staffs and admins are fine and even if they don't do much, what good would demoting someone who doesn't help as much as we expect him to? Better than nothing right? Besides, if pwego was on my server I would gladly give him administration powers, not because he's going to play a bunch and help moderate the server like we expect admins to do, But because when he is on I trust he will help the server and that's what counts.

And I will stop there. I'm glad you read this and I hope you will tell me if you agree, or maybe tell me that I'm wrong and then what is wrong with my theory :)

Re: Why a staff/admin has not answered you or your question. . .

Gunner9600
i agree Lakers Admins / Staff are spammed and i understand why you guys would ignore it sometime.

I try to help people when i can and enjoy seeing what others created but like you i like to enjoy sometime to myself so i can build and not worry about anything.

If it would help with the rating i would not mind at all to have my own Tour Slot if it would be helpful to keep some of the people from spamming the chat asking for ratings, EVEN though im only Arch. and cannot promote people it would still help by letting them know if there build is worth a promotion or not.

again i Know i cant do much but if admins / staff need any help with stuff like that il be more than happy to help.

Gunner9600

Re: Why a staff/admin has not answered you or your question. . .

Gunner9600
and No_Life that was a very nice post hopefully that will help people understand you better! i can understand why you get annoyed on the server> and Honestly i unsed to think "Dang that No_Life guy is a jerk" but thats because i really didnt understand you. and thanks for clearing that up man!

Re: Why a staff/admin has not answered you or your question. . .

nic1010
Yes no lIfe I do get negativity from u. But Theta ok Causen ICE lesende to deal with it from by Brother

Re: Why a staff/admin has not answered you or your question. . .

rspminecraft
Nic you type so oddly :p
[Vip3] SilverCity, Magcolony, and now my new supercity! Goodman, Grey and m3ch are my broskis.
http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/rspgreytopher/

Re: Why a staff/admin has not answered you or your question. . .

butkicker12
You should try and have some sort of ticket system, for when you want to help. the petition plugin did this but im pretty sure it got abandoned. Helpop or helpme work too I think. Even on my own server with far less slots it still overwhelming. Anyways thats my two bits.

Re: Why a staff/admin has not answered you or your question. . .

Dwarfy
That's a great idea butkicker12. Gets rid of all the people having to repeat themselfs.

Re: Why a staff/admin has not answered you or your question. . .

iamtylerharlow
rsp since the time i have become staff i have only made 2 buildings this is because i have been helping people. Yes i do troll people but those people are the ones who constantly hassle me with ratings and cuboids and other nonsense. Those people often dont obey the rules and attempt to interact with the staff and or admins in a disrespectful manner.

When it comes to the helping portion of the staff job you are very very wrong. I have a warp set up called /warp tylerhelp for when the line of people waiting for help gets out of control.

As far as ratings go i rate probably 30 things a day. You dont see the  /msg's i get now do you?

and i would really love to know who is complaining about me because i would like to fix it. I worked hard to get this rank and i intend to keep it. I dont want to have a bad reputation among the server.
tyler admin
"you laugh at me because i am different, i laugh at you because you are all the same"
"Everyone has a picture of what they want their life to be, some just don't have film."

CoB Admin
Redstone master!
Mag
Pandora
community project dude

Re: Why a staff/admin has not answered you or your question. . .

note to this topic: paragraphs are your friend! lol

Re: Why a staff/admin has not answered you or your question. . .

I Think your good staff tyler you helped me today and no life you are good too probably one of the best nillas hes funny nova is not on anymore but when she was she was helpfull too i dont really have a problem with any of the staffs or admins they only give me ispiration :)