To pwego, server decline.

Circleight

Re: To pwego, server decline.

I don't always approve posts, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

Hypuhrr approves of this proposal.

Re: To pwego, server decline.

Steblam
I agree very much so.

Re: To pwego, server decline.

drago2323
I agree, Pwego is more focused on the quantity now rather than the quality of the builders too, he also does spend way to much time focused on his youtube account, rather than the server itself, "oh the server is doing fine". no it is not doing fine, have a look at the freaking chat once in a while, and you might see things need to change, or the decline WILL get worse, i only say this because its the truth.

and as circleight stated, its most of pwego's own admins helping out, this is in fact, an understatement "most" should be replaced with "few", and half the time its either vip3, Archs or staff helping out, rather than the Admins of this server, i've noticed that, its mainly Zach having to run this server and doing all the background stuff to keep it running, dosy, who rarely gets time to build because he's looking at peoples buildings, same with Lakers, hell, i do believe that nillas12, has been working harder than a majority of the admins on the server, being a staff, he has so much responsibility placed on his shoulders, he never gets ANY time to build, he is always being asked to "rate this building", i know, i have done this in the past too, but, i'm just stating a point,im starting to digress...next topic

The community, how fun, there is almost NOTHING to say about this community, its gone to the shithole, from when i started, a while back, till now, i notice swearing/cursing very often, arguments, and none of the admins are trying to sort this out, literally, it has been vip2+ that have had to sort out arguments, naturally, whenever i try to stop an argument, it generally escalates, speaking from a WHOLE though, the vip2+ community is the one sorting out the general communities arguments, so, my summary...

If pwego is too lazy to help out on his own server, why does he bother running it?, i would much rather go on a server where the admins and owners HELPED OUT on the server, rather than let two or three admins and staff handle it all, that's not entirely THEIR job to do, its the owners responsibility to help out, not focus on things like his youtube, facebook, and so on.

Enjoy the spiral downwards Pwego
                                             ~dr⌂gº²3²3~
Rank:[VIP2]
Current project(s):[Council of starfall, Starfall city]

I am a disciple of justice, moreso I will be the father,I will bring justice to the false and the falsely accused~Dargo father of Justice

Re: To pwego, server decline.

Iandrum
I've stayed silent about this subject for too long, and Circle brings up a point I feel I really do need to post my point of view on. As we know, Pwego, just like many other people, is a busy person, with a busy life, and most likely, very little time for minecraft. One thing that should be realized about why so many people joined pwegoserver is either the community, or the fantastic buildings. For me, I joined because I saw how the community seemed to be so great, and everyone seemed to mesh, and bond well (back in march mind you). I took a 2 month hiatus, and returned in mid-May, to find the server community had flourished. It was at this time that I really got active in pwegoserver again (I love playing with people, and building for a common goal very much).

This fantastic community continued to go very well for about 2 months, until a little while after world 5 was set back after the rollback. I feel that one of the main contributers to this great community was the diversity of staff that were active at most, if not all times of the day. I realized that slowly, over time, apathy developed, and people became more cynical, as problems constantly occured with griefing, and general rule breaking. In late August, I logged in for the last time for about half a month to find reports of spawn city disappearing, and other cities as well. I was accompanied by Gunner9600 as the only two architects on the server, who could only kick. At this point in the server, most of our once full, and diverse team of staff had left the server either for personal reasons, or because they just didnt want to play anymore. No staff were on at the time, and this continued for about an hour with no one having a clue what was happening. Naturally, this was bad for morale, but of course, things like this happen, and you can't expect staff to be on all the time.

Fast forward to today, and we see similar things happening in smaller scale everyday. I am not saying that any recent changes with ranks were a bad idea, as I personally feel having instant builder status could potentially benifit the server, and cut down on questions. I am saying we are having grief reports often, on personal projects, and the architects (if the server is so lucky to have them online at the time) have to go and constantly kick or tp them away (if there is any hope of stopping the griefing). The reason these griefs are seemingly higher in number is not only due to the fact that builders can warp even from first starting the server, it is also due to the fact that we have even less staff than we had during the time when the server was mass griefed. Our staff team does a good job for how few there actually are, and the admins do a fine job of running the server, but the numbers are not high enough.

 I speak directly to you Pwego, not out of disrespect, not out of ignorance, but to remind you of the server that was once going to be "the ideal server". There are simple things you can do to bring back our fantastic community. I am not a server owner, just someone who deals with many people, people skills, and with efficiency, so perhaps some of my views aren't effective from a server stand point, but as far as a working community goes, I believe something must be done soon before there isn't a community left to fix. If it really is impossible to add a few more staff, and improve the community in that way, perhaps explain why it is, then people will understand why it won't work, after all, communication is important in all communities.
Iandrum
Staff

Re: To pwego, server decline.

+1

Re: To pwego, server decline.

X1N0X
Banned User

Re: To pwego, server decline.

TheAppleMachine
<quote author="X1N0X">
I just wanted to point out that when I was playing on the server, before I was banned for being accused of someone I am not, it got creepy at night. Once, they're were no more admins/staff online.. people got MEAN! Almost every sentence had a cuss word in it. I told someone not to say that and they went off on me. They're was even a vip2 doing it. Someone started griefing my place while I was right there in front of him telling him, after asking nicely, to stop. It gets crazy at night.

we didnt have that problem when jbox was staff cuz he plays late.

As for european time zone not long ago i talked with nillas and hes about to cut down hes time on the server since hes the only one helping with applebule. I try to be nillas´s helper and if you ask me i think nillas should be admin again, hes the one that listens most to lower ranks not just to us vip2s+ like pretty much every staff member (not everyone the ones that doesnt know it). I know what nillas did to your city zach but it was and acident he didnt try to be mean. As for ian circ and mech theyre the ones most fit for staff so far they listen to low ranks look in the chat, they dont just turn chat of like every other arch+

staff were given to the ones helping we made arch for people who werent helping but that were good at building pretty much all of our staff is good at building but they wont help out= arch

pwego this server needs you...

-TheApple

Re: To pwego, server decline.

I have given up now on this, i really have. Im not one to give up something like this without going down with a fight but this server has broken that.

Ive been trying to months to have changes around the server. Since the last host was just so bad with its terrible lag and corrupt saves, the server has been through a lot of changes. Ive always said that no matter how bad the grief gets on this server or what ever happens, the server cant be stopped because of the community. That however is true, no matter how bad the incident or how destructive a grief was, the server has always come out on top.

Sadly next time it happens, which it will because this is minecraft and some people dont like success, we wont be so lucky. For the server to survive the community has to be strong. At the moment we are weak, useless and well a waste really. We spend so much time arguing about Pwego do this and pwego should do that but the fact is WE DONT HELP THE PROBLEM EITHER.

Be logical about it, we want staff reforms i agree so do i but the fact is we cant rely on staff 24/7. Some times we have to do stuff for ourselves and each other , thats what a community does. But no, instead of tackling any grief or events that happen, we become oblivious to the whole problem and start arguing about the staff.

Yes i agree with most people when i say PWEGO CARE FOR YOUR SERVER MORE THAN YOUR SUBSCRIBERS, THIS GOT YOU THE SUBSCRIBERS! When u think about it without this server pwegos youtube page will not have any way near the amount of subs it has right now. Pwego listen to us, we are the community, YOUR community , We want some changes around here and the admins and staff cant do it without you. However we cant just sit here and wait for pwego to come to the rescue, NO , we need to actually do somethings , deal with the grief. screw the grief plugin, most people who get griefed never have their stuff rolled back so how about we do what we did months ago and i dont know actually fix the grief instead of going there is nothing we can do. If someone did that before the 4th of july, they would have been known as just plain horrible.

Pwego needs to change but he cant do it alone. GET IT TOGETHER GUYS u cant sit here moaning about something ur not willing to do yourself.

P.s anyone who does read this shows they actually care and doesnt ignore me like most do (apart from those ive known for months , since i first started here back in February) , I help constantly around the server for nothing in return, i give people things that they cant get themselves and those who can spawn it wont give it to them. Dont shunt my ideas away just because of what my name imply's.

Re: To pwego, server decline.

Since i have not been on much i can't agree or disagree... but i am leaning towards the agreeing end...

things need to be done, we need to point them out and give reasonable solutions of how to resolve this and hope the higher power (pwego) listens...

i can see why he is focusing on his youtube accounts... it gets money its like a 2nd job... there are good and bad thigns for that but if i was in the same position ans pwego i would find it hard to prioritise too

Re: To pwego, server decline.

Re: To pwego, server decline.

Yeah in my opinion circ and ian should be promoted to staff. And im thinking of plans to catch the griefers. And pwego needs to stop, look up, and see wtf is god damned going on!! This is HIS SERVER!!!!! IF HE CANT HELP US HIS 96.00 A MONTH HE HAS TO PAY WILL GO TO WASTE!!!! I swear, pwegoserver was the first server i went on in minecraft. Pwego was the reason i got minecraft. PWEGO IS DEAD TO ME! All i want to do is talk to friends, build, and other stuff on this server! And everyone else wants the same thing!! PWEGO STOP LOOKING AT YOUTUBE!!!!!!! THIS SERVER IS THE REASON YOU HAVE FCKIN SUBSCRIBERS!!!!!! IF YOUR NOT GONNA RUN THIS SERVER, GIVE TOTAL POWER TO THE ADMINS!!!!!! ANYONE WHO AGREES SAY AYE!!!!!!

Re: To pwego, server decline.

TarkisRai
Woah, rage much... Caps ain't gonna solve our problems, Larp.

But I do agree. It seems that Pwego spends more time farming Youtube subscribers than he does tending to his server, the backbone for his youtube.

Not gonna get much milk if the cow dies....
Skype: tarkisrai

3DS Code: 4081-5795-7588

Dear God, please grant me the power to punch people in the face through the internet.

Re: To pwego, server decline.

Circleight

Re: To pwego, server decline.

Sorry i have had a short fuse lately. But i just think pwego needs to do something. And if he doesnt answer our call, i will rage for a bit, then i will just plain old leave the server.... I think others might do that to but idk.

Re: To pwego, server decline.

Circle i understand that i may have come off too extreme in the whole post, im sorry if i did . When i mentioned about people moaning about change but no helping them selves i did not mean the entire community. I was talking about those who for example see someone get shout theyve been griefed , say that griefing is all to do with the new builder rank and stuff but then not actually do anything about the grief they have just heard about. also im sorry if i sounded kinda big headed when i was saying no one does anything over my posts or suggestions, most people dont but those who do dont put their own input in or their opinions. Ill admit i may have sounded horrible when i was going on about how no one cares but the fact is as a community we have to be able to listen but at the moment most have their own opinions and dont wish to hear others over belief that theirs is the right one.

All i gotta say now is that pwego does need to take some action on reforms on the server whether it be staff or a new rank like protector or mod, or just maybe clamping down on the griefers and having a backbone and not unbanning them within 1 week, allowing them to roam free and repeat their grief especially with the new builders have warps.

To sum it up for those who dont wanna read, im sorry for coming off kinda harsh and extreme in my post circle and i understand what u say.

Re: To pwego, server decline.

Larp, it doesn't help us who are trying to be mature about this situation, he sees people acting immature, doesn't help out our cause at all.  I suggest you calm down.

Re: To pwego, server decline.

LARPADARP
you didnt read my last post, i said i was sorry and i have been havimg a short fuse lately. School and other stuff.

Re: To pwego, server decline.

gruitar
Well, I may not be part of the server, but I can still post still. Honestly, balance is necessary in my perspective. Pwego needs to start valuing quality over quantity. As an artist, I focus on the quality of my work all the time, and my paintings/drawing are fantastic (my shading looks life like),...but pwego seems to ignore this.

It is time that more arch./staff are made, because half of them are never on anymore. I mainly saw <Iandrum> and <Circleight and <gunner9600> as the red names.

I saw <iamtyler..something> and <No_Life_King> and even <nillas12> as the staff.

That is 6 higher ups that I saw daily...not enough for the over 1,000 people that this server brings. Make m3ch an architect. Make Circle/Ian staff. (this is my biased opinion, mind you)

Honestly, "There are already 9 architects, we aren't promoting." is a lame excuse when only like 3-4 show up at all. That discourages people from building, and talent is not recognized. I am a...medium example. I can use color pretty well, enough that I think that I am a colorist. How many people can use orange wool really well? Also, m3ch is amazing-just see his castle. Circle's paradigm city is a place I am actually wanting to live in. So, at least one architect can be promoted and one vip3 can be promoted. See what I'm getting at?

Also, I won't go into staff reforms or anything - that is the people's job. Just, open your ears to the community pwego. Subscribers go and look at pwegoserver in minecraft...and they go away. I think that part of the reason I lost inspiration was the inability to work. I was a veteran (about 11 months) and yet I couldn't work on my city because I needed a cuboid.

Yeah....stop looking at the youtube browser window and look at the minecraft window. More people need you than you think.
One of the people who went on to the second world...Life

Re: To pwego, server decline.

KA_Gamer
I think one of the main problems here is Pwego's understanding of the server problems.  As some of you said, the community runs the server, but not so much Pwego.  I understand he's busy, but I also understand he works on YouTube more than his own server.  With this being said, if he doesn't really moderate the server, how's he supposed to know about the problems?

Basically, Pwego, you're outa the loop.  You doesn't understand the frustration of greifing very much because every time you build, it can't be greifed.  You doesn't understand the frustration of cuboiding, and dealing with whining builders, because you leave that to other admins.

I offer this challenge to Pwego.  Actually go on the server and moderate it.  Go cuboid, deal with griefing, etc.  Then you'll understand the problems, and hopefully act.
VIP 2 baby! [Thanks to the awesome Lakersreloaded!]
123