Promotions

Xcaliber287
Hello all, I don't know if people really think this is a serious topic. It seems as though these new promotions going on has stirred up a lot of problems. People are getting jelous and upset. Many think its around the topic of "Favourtism". I think some of that has to go through with it but why doesn't everyone discuss the promotions of everyone Arch+ in a big call and just have a vote(Staff/Admin) and other people on the server can recomend and start a system. Also I think many of the people who are getting promoted are on only during the day (est.) and its not right because there is no ranked people on at night. I have been on the server for the past few days as the only Vip3 and like 2 other vips and a bunch of builders who I have seen cuss and swear and im stuck not being able to do anything. I don't mean to stir more stuff up here it just doesnt seem ethical to me. I have no clue, just post some of your opinions below because idk what else to say about promotions on Pwego Server, as the server is falling apart by this. Thank you all.

Re: Promotions

Pitfallingpat
This subject comes up a lot. There use to be a thing where you would send an application for PA (the old lowest staff rank which is like vip2 with /kick and /time) that didn't work, it was over spammed and ignored. The current method works except for one thing. Timing, I have not once been online when someone got promoted to staff, It kinda makes me feel cheated and ignored when people are looking for staff but I'm always offline during the short time they look to promote. But that's how it always goes for me, just my bad luck.

It would be nice to get some commands that the staff have like /remove items, /remove arrows, and /remove minecarts to deal with that kinda of annoying people (and maybe 1 hour temp bans for architect? no?) A lot of times during my local night (8pm - 3am PST those are my times I'm usually on), there is no staff so everything defaults to me and sometimes I run into a problem I just can't deal with without a staff. (greifing, the occasional glitch, broken spawning signs etc.)

For lower ranks going into architect there is a huge risk that someone might turn on the server once they get promoted, last time I checked you can buy up to Vip3 (Correct me if im wrong there) The server can be really messed up by a person with op, Worldedit, hawkeye and even creative so it needs a lot of trust, if you've every been banned or a criminal they really watch how much damage you could possibly do. So they don't hand those out regularly, and only to trusted people, which in most cases are friends because they know what they will do. (Favoritism or trust depends on how you look at it.) Getting into the circle of high ranking people is getting increasingly hard because they all are on skype call with the /nochat on and ignore people. I even am getting ignored by my former friends that became staff so I can tell it is hard to show your worth now.

Did I stay on subject?

Tip, hang out with (but not annoy) the higher ranked people, the more they get to know you the more they see you can do good.

TEXT WALL
Things I've build or worked on and want to show off!
/Warp Circlecastle
/Warp worldsphere
/Warp spiral (and) /Warp spiral 2
/Warp Impossible

Re: Promotions

Littleredcow
Xcal, this has been brought up a LOT in the past, and my opinion isn't really relevant on it. Pit, all of the staff/admin promotions are discussed beforehand, so it doesn't make a difference if you are on or not.  No one just gets on the server looking to promote which ever arch is online to staff.

Side note:  Obviously favoritism has something to do with promotions, no one is going to promote someone they don't like.

Someone said that to me, but i can't remember who.  So sorry if I stole your point. ^^
[Staff]

"Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
-Harold R. McAlindon

Re: Promotions

TheAppleMachine
i think i made this thread 2 times before :P
PS. little im gonna finish my dwarven thing people wants me to do it :P

Re: Promotions

Fumster101

Re: Promotions

Pit what u mentioned about favoritism being the same as trust is true but only in some cases. People around my rank trust me, yet staff hardly acknowledge me at most. Ranks themselves bring around the favoritism more than anything sadly. Back when i was a simple mag builder, noone at PA (vip2 equivalent) would give me the time of day. When i was ranked up to magvip, not a single person noticed yet i had 5 months of experience under my belt. However people slowly began to notice me and when i reached vip2, then most people noticed me. staff still ignored me quite a bit apart from nillas and dosy who seemed to be the only staff who ever listened to the lower ranking ones back then. now ive reached vip3 arch 100% notice me.....

Dont say this issue has gone away entirely, its improved immensly and staff are helpful now but i do see the occasional time where a builder is asking for help continually, low rankers such as vip2s try to help, fail, then when a vip3 asks for help the staff instantly offers help. That is where favoritism exists mainly and new promotions are the same in a sence, only the staff get a say in who gets a promotion for example arch. well what if they are biased if they person in question is a friend on the server but is actually unfit for the rank. Perhaps we can make a system where people are proposed for the rank and people vote BUT have to give a valid reason as to why. any votes that just go "..." coz hes nice ,will be removed for favoritism obviously. perhaps a system could be used but for arch+ promotions and be set up in a way that favoritism isnt possible and only pwego makes the decision.

Re: Promotions

Littleredcow
Evil, Sure people you're rank notice you, the reason staff/admins don't is because there may be other people, or we don't need to notice anyone atm.  Vip's will say they trust anyone, and that anyone that can say "sure I'll help" deserves staff.  And obviously promotions somewhat work on favoritism, but favoritism is not all, or even most of it.
[Staff]

"Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
-Harold R. McAlindon

Re: Promotions

Xcaliber287
To be honest here, im just stating what i am feeling is happening and just want to know how others are dealing with things, sometimes there are people who can't just make a simple portal prison because Vip3s can't spawn them and creative doesnt have portals. Ik there is many people as Vip trying to help but sometimes we need that extra push to make everyone elses time more enjoyable like the server used to be, I will have to agree with Pit about the whole trust factor, but i think there needs to be a rank sujestion for Arch+ so people can post their points on the whole trust factor and such, to make it more fair for the other people. I have been on this server for over a year now and I have watched how this server has gone for this past time and I will never forget how much fun this server used to be. It seems asthough the whole rank system has gone corrupt and there is too many people arguing and getting upset over ranks. Yes there is more respect that comes with that name but also there is much responsability. Some I feel are not doing their job, BUT they are helping out emmensly by doing background jobs to keep this server up and running perfectly! Although alot of people are saying that its all favourtism in a way yes, but in other ways no. I think its more of a test to push them and see what they can do. I really hope we can clear this topic away from the server its self and become closer, because its begining to feel like the server is dying from all the stuff thats going on. Thank you.

Re: Promotions

tl;dr

Re: Promotions

Xcaliber287
Whats that?

Re: Promotions

Phillies
tl;dr = Too long, didn't read
Vip3
Builder of:
-SoulCity
-Phillville
-Hemingdale
-Palace/Library
"You can't buy love because it's overpriced" - J Cole

Re: Promotions

We need some team buildin on this server >.>
more boat races!

Re: Promotions

nillas12
We need some events to shake the ranks together. Not saying it has to be on the server either. Some tf2, css or something entirely different would also be great
Nillas12.

SauceBoss of epic dimensions.

Re: Promotions

Hyp how is xcals first post too long to read :L its a paragraph and im sure uve posted longer things that many people have read.

Re: Promotions

sycoinc
EviiL wrote
Hyp how is xcals first post too long to read :L its a paragraph and im sure uve posted longer things that many people have read.
Its called FORMATTING... no one likes to read a huge block of text