Presenting: The Pwegoserver Grand Championship of Builders
This post was updated on .
The time is here. A grand championship for building to prove that you have what it takes to hold the title of Grand master of building, or something like that. A grand competition that takes place over the course of a couple months, that tests your skills in various areas of building. A chance to recieve valuable feedback on various building styles by great building judges. This is what the championship is all about.
How do I enter: Reply to this topic with the following form (copy/paste if you wish).
Questions, comments, snyde remarks?
Entry is that simple, anyone of ANY rank can enter, and everyone will be accepted, provided you enter before the final qualifying round.
Entrants will be listed on this page, along with people who advance to the next round.
Structure of the competition: The competiton will be broken into five levels: Qualifying, Prelims, Quarterfinals, Semifinals, and finals. Each level will have at least 2 contests so that people of differing timezones can compete. There will be four qualifying rounds to ensure anyone who wants to enter has time to do so.
All guidelines, rules, and more information can be found in the next post on this topic in order to prevent clutter on this first post.
Good luck, and I hope to see you all in competition!
Builders advancing to the preliminary round: Cheesus_Crust (1st place, Qualifying round 1)
Pitfallingpat (2nd Place, Qualifying round 1)
Halowars (3rd Place, Qualifying round 1)
Re: Presenting: The Pwegoserver Grand Championship of Builders
Guide to entry in the Pwegoserver Grand Championship of Builders
Venue: Grand Building Arena, /warp Grandcontest
The Pwegoserver Grand Championship of Builders (GCB) is a competition to see who among pwegoserver’s builders is worthy to hold the title of Grand champion. This competition will test builders in different areas such as creativity, interior design, material blending, and general effect. The competitions will start with many people building smaller objects, then move to few people building large scale projects. To further the sense of community, buildings from competitions will be moved to a city designed of contest buildings.
Five levels of competition:
Qualifying round, Preliminary round, Quarterfinal round, Semifinal round, Final round.
1. All decisions made by the judges are final.
2. Any block placed outside of your allotted zone will cause a 5 point deduction per block.
3. No team building (unless the specified theme includes building with a partner).
4. No use of cuboid, or spawning of items unobtainable by vip3-.
5. No building past the time limit for the competition. The arena will likely be protected and you will be unable to build after the time limit has expired.
6. No digging below the ground, except in certain themes where digging is allowed.
7. Follow all rules of the server.
8. Follow specific guidelines set for each competition.
9. Do not ask for any blocks or cuboids.
10. You may ask for fires once your building is done.
All creations will be scored on a number rating of 1-100. There will be three judges for all qualifier, preliminary, quarterfinal, and semifinals competitions, and five judges for finals competitions. The scores of all the judges will be averaged, and that average will be the overall score for the creation. In the event of a tie that would result in the advancement of only one competitor, a tie breaking vote will be put into effect by another judge.
Regulations for competition:
1. Each participant will choose one plot of the size allotted for the specific competition.
2. The time limits are as follows:
Qualifier round - 1 hour 30 minutes
Prelims – 1 hour
Quarters – 1 hour
Semis – 2 hours
Finals – round 1 – 30 minutes, round 2 – 1 hour, round 3 – 3 hours
3. No one will be allowed to go back to building under any circumstances once the time limit has expired, and a protection will be activated to prevent altering the building.
4. All buildings will be judged in default texture pack, consider building using this pack to ensure consistency between judges.
5. Each competition will have at least 2 instances so that people may attend no matter what time zone they are in.
6. All competitions will be planned in advance. If for some reason, you would like to compete but cannot make a competition time, tell a judge, and you may build either ahead of time, or soon after the end of the competition.
7. At the end of each individual competition, prizes will be awarded for the specific competition.
THEMES WILL NOT BE REVEALED UNTIL CONTEST TIME!
In each level of competition, different themes will be introduced. Some potential themes are: Renaissance, Modern, Gothic, Rural, Futuristic, Nightlife, Art, Colored, minimalism, Cubism, Victorian, Roman, Fantasy, etc.
These are but a few of the many themes that may be revealed the day of the competition. All themes are not final until the day of the competition. Themes may also include Mandatory materials. Each level of competition will use a different theme, and no theme will be repeated twice. In the final, it will be expected that there will be a theme in the category of Art, in the category of large build, and small build.
In each competition, a block will be designated as a bonus block. The use of this block in your creation will result in bonus points being awarded, where the use of the material in a poor way will deduct points from your score.
Competition time policy:
Competitions will be announced on the forum post at least 1 week in advance.
Structure for advancement:
Top 8 proceed from each competition, 8 wild cards (random picks by judges after all competitions are over.) (40 total)
Top 24go on to semifinals(32 total)
Top 12 go on to finals.
Top 3 receive prizes.
Re: Presenting: The Pwegoserver Grand Championship of Builders
The judges change around for each competition for qualifiers, but for the actual competition, I would like to have some set. If a certain circular mastermind of building would like to be one of those judges, that would be cool.
The arena will be built by select builders who want to help, or maybe just by me if no one wants to. I have something set up temporarily, but Im adapting it as I go to make it more "grand"