PalmaNova

r3v3r53d
This post was updated on .
Good morning All,

Drago2323 and I intend to build this somewhere out in the far regions of Pwegodom.
Palmanova aerial plan

Might need a little land-clearing assistance from an admin, and to fill the moat, but apart from that we've got some grand plans for the city (which I'm even toying with the idea of even adding a sewer system).
The commands I'm thinking of for clearing and filling include //cyl //hcyl and /fixwater

With Drago's help I'm hoping to get the walls planned out within the next couple of days, then we'll build up those and the area for the moat.  Then we can both work on the sewers, the streets and then finally buildings.

I'm going to work on the wire-frame today to work out size and dimensions of the build.

R3v
Rank: former Arch (~)
Current project: none

Re: PalmaNova

LARPADARP
I would like to help if you want it. I am good with working wih water but sometimes if doesn't seem like it cus water physics in mc make me rate lol. So I could helP with sewers and such.

Re: PalmaNova

r3v3r53d
Here's the first set of plans I've made up, the dimensions of it are 311 pixels wide (that's the diameter of the outer red circle) and 259 pixels for the inner ring (which is the city proper); the red lines are just guidelines and will be removed when the build progresses.  The image is Pixel-Perfect, meaning that each pixel represents 1 block in Minecraft.

Stage one is to get the 9-sided shapes drawn, mainly the ones surrounding the moat to give us guide-lines to complete the rest of the build.  Once these two shapes are drawn I will move on to build the jutting fortifications as shown in the earlier post and adjusting the moat to compensate for this.

Stage two, well that will probably be the excavation of the moat and building of the sewers then roads.

Rank: former Arch (~)
Current project: none

Re: PalmaNova

r3v3r53d
Hey Larp,

Sounds cool, the sewers wouldn't be a main feature but will add to the detail, so as long as they don't go above the street-line or into the moat itself, they could be pretty much built anywhere within the central shape.  I haven't come up with a plans on where we might want them as yet, but it'd probably be good to have them meet up in the center of town.  I also intend to make sewer entrances from the street above, man-hole covers, etc...

I'll chat with Drago next I see him, also try and get an Admin to help us clear some space in the world.  I'll be sure to let you know if/when you can help.

R3v

P.s.  I kinda hope I'll be able to set 'plots' for people to build in, but not sure Drago likes the idea :P
Rank: former Arch (~)
Current project: none

Re: PalmaNova

I'll clear land if I see either of you on.  Sounds like a cool project.

Re: PalmaNova

r3v3r53d
Sweet, thanks Hyp
Rank: former Arch (~)
Current project: none

Re: PalmaNova

:O so all you haz to do is get a good pic and ask for admin help to clear space and you getz ze helpz? :O lol jk. And i wont be on for a while, might be on on friday for the server anniversary. If not then, then the weekend. And i have some ideas stiring for the sewers. Wow, why am i now so interested in sewers?

Re: PalmaNova

r3v3r53d
Lol, perhaps because you're more or less being given free reign Larp?  As long as the sewers don't interfere with the aesthetics of the build I'm honestly not bothered where they go.

But you might want to study the map above, it's more likely that the sewers will follow the paths of the roads in most cases and I hope to do the same.

As for when you're on vs not, that doesn't matter.  I don't have any plans to have this finished in a day, I'd hoped to work on this yesterday honestly, but the server was down :(
Rank: former Arch (~)
Current project: none

Re: PalmaNova

legodano
Hmm. Looks like an interesting build r3v.
[IGN: legodano] [Rank: Builder]
[Current Project: Fumblemore's Tower] (Yogscast)

"C'mon! Chums lets go! LEEROOOOOOY JEEENKIIINS!!!" Leeroy Jenkins

Holy hotdog in a toaster!
Holy poptarts in a pencil sharpener!
Holy overused joke on a signature!
I am Dan! Sandwich and I have the cheese!
I HAVE A TOASTER BRAIN.
I am the I Like Trains Kid. I say 'I like trains' 30 times a day.
No Joke. Indubitably. Literaly (what does that mean?)

Avast ye scurvy brocoli! This be mutiny on me own deck!
Tryin' to steal me spoon, eh? Well ye ain't gettin' it!
First Mate! Front and center! These scurvy buildrats tried to steal
me spoon! Push 'em of the plank! The sharks 'll get 'em. Yar.
This be the life of a pirate.

SYSTEM MALFUNCTION: Speech Unit Failure
SPEECH TEST: 1011011110 10001110 1101011
Eye unit: Stable
Movement: Swift but clumsy
Speech: Unit Failure
RECOMMENDED ACTION: Reboot?

*Facepalm* I AIN'T A ROBOT!

Re: PalmaNova

r3v3r53d
Thanks Lego.  I've still got to add those outward jutting sections for each of the main walls into my design plans; they're part of the defense features which I'll have to build on manually.  I'm hoping the roughly circular shape will be the easiest part.

Fly-mod will not be an option in this build, it's essential.  Have to be able to see this build from the sky. ;)
Rank: former Arch (~)
Current project: none

Re: PalmaNova

r3v3r53d
Just had a thought (may it never die of loneliness), should I call this build MinaNova or PwegoNova instead of PalmaNova?
Rank: former Arch (~)
Current project: none

*Facepalm* I AIN'T A ROBOT!

Re: PalmaNova

r3v3r53d
To be honest I had the same issues installing Zombi (I think it's called), so I cut the mod back to just flymod on it's own and that seemed to work for me.

I know in other threads it's illegal to 'post' to other people their JAR files, but would it be ok if both people in question have already paid and brought the game?  I mean, if it is I can just send you my JAR file, all it has is the flymod and nothing else other than a bare-bones 8.1.

That and assuming you're at least a VIP1...
Rank: former Arch (~)
Current project: none

Re: PalmaNova

drago2323
haha you think that the circle is big enough?, or am i going to have to modify my building sizes a bit?, but non-the-less, i LOVE your curent design :)

stage two shouldn't be to difficult, unless we end up running into a lot more sand than what we have seen so far of the land we chose, thanks to coolmankimo for helping out with a small portion of the cuboid(approximated at the bottom left side of the 9 sides shape*pree' sure its a nonagon*), still the help was appreciated and we have an entire area for one face cleared :D
Rank:[VIP2]
Current project(s):[Council of starfall, Starfall city]

I am a disciple of justice, moreso I will be the father,I will bring justice to the false and the falsely accused~Dargo father of Justice

Re: PalmaNova

Not mikel15858
use the voxel mod pack, its an automatic installer, and sets everything up for you.

Re: PalmaNova

LARPADARP
Okay so clearly your not mikel. So dont use his username. And i am downgrading to 1.8 again on the morrow. Lol, and i haz ze flymod and ze vip1s. So i can help out with aireal view a lot. And is there gonna be a park in this city? I would like to construct it if there will be on. And i think palmanova or minanova cus pwegonova (no offense pwego!) sounds wierd.

Re: PalmaNova

r3v3r53d
The Voxel mod-pack did not work for me, it broke MC, hence why I installed flymod separately.
Rank: former Arch (~)
Current project: none

Re: PalmaNova

voxel tends to conflict with quite a bit of mods, so make sure you install in on a clean minecraft.jar

Re: PalmaNova

r3v3r53d
Sectors
So far as city content goes, the city pretty much gets broken into 7 slices (because of the wall design) like cutting up a huge pie (mmmm pie).

Shape?
I'm toying with the idea of maybe making this a hexagon or octagon (that's 6 or 8 sided) because it'll be simpler to create...  It should still look cool, but mathematically less insane, what do people think?

City Centre
Either way, pie-segments, they'll all join in the middle where there will be a large open paved area where you could meet, have a market place and either a statue or a fountain in the middle (Drago dibbed the middle thing, whatever it is).  There's also going to be 6-8 buildings (depending on shape) facing inwards to the square, I've dibbed the north one and the others I've let Drago decide on, but he's already got a theme in mind for them, so talk to him if you want to help there.

Confirming build order
> Land clearing - using //cyl (admin)
> 2 circle outlines - using //hcyl (admin)
> Re-draw the 6-8 arrow pieces (R3v)
> Dig trench (R3v, Drago & whoever would like to help)
> Build walls (R3v, Drego & whoever would like to help)
> Sewers (Drago & Larp - I'll make the manholes from the surface streets)
> Road and Building plots (Rev & Drago)
> Centre square/hex paved area (R3v & Drago)
> Statue/Fountain (Drago)
> 6-8 Centre buildings (R3v & Drago, mostly Drago)
> Rest of the city (?)

P.s.  Drago, you were kidding right when you said about the size?  Is 300 blocks too much or not enough you think?  I noticed a space the other day where it was about 120 blocks, it's near Wuzza's build and it's been abandoned for over a year.  It looked HUGE, but it's a 1/3 the size we're planning...  Maybe I need to make some design revisions.

Suggestions?
Rank: former Arch (~)
Current project: none

Re: PalmaNova

r3v3r53d
I thought it was a clean Jar Hyp, but it is possible it wasn't.  Beyond that it was the only one I had and I wasn't going to ask people to send me their copies...  Too much controversy and I didn't want to fuel it.

End of the day I've now created four JAR files, one for flymod/multiplayer, one for single player commands, one for 1.0.0 and the last what I believe a basic 8.1 Jar.  I simply swap them around depending on what I'm doing.
Rank: former Arch (~)
Current project: none
123