Overhaul of Pwegoserver

Kingglo
Pwegoserver is now one year old, much has changed. But some things at spawn are still not up to date. I suggest some changings at spawn:
1. Add Glowstone at storage.
Since nether is not enabled you can't get them anymore free, and iConomy is down, too. But Glowstone is a VERY important material that is used at almost all buildings. So you should be able to get it at storage.
2. Remove that crafting table thing!
What has this giant crafting table to do at spawn? It looks uggly and isn't hard to built. You can't even enter it! Why not replace it with a cool build or skyscraper? You could maybe use stuff built by other (not-Admin) players, of course only if you find things that look good. They would be very happy to see their build at spawn.
3.Remove Halloween decoration
Guys, Halloween was a month ago, so remove all the pumpkins. It doesn't take long to fly around at spawn and just hit them with creative mode.
4. Remove griefed city.
If you go/fly to the pwego station from spawn and go the same direction further you will find a bridge. The bridge itself is nice, but around it is an old, uggly, griefed city of cobblestone & co.
Why don't you remove it? Nobody would bother! Or you repair it and make it nice.
5. New spawn center.
Since everyone is builder from default and the rules have been changed, the spawn center must be cleared of the old rules and new one must stand there. Maybe the people spawn at the top and must go down (through soul sand, good idea) and read all the rules. The system now is confusing, you must jump down and then enter the center again.
6. /warp tools should be moved.
A flying house... Strange... Put the tools supply at the storage...
7. A flying mushroom with glowstone? Bedrock things wiht signs "Do not remove?"?
Ok if there are just a few things they are funny, like the wood things flying at spawn called "view point do not remove" But in one year many rubbish came to spawn. Some of it should be cleared. It's like in real life: If you always buy and buy the house gets full. You must be able to throw away things!

I hope you agree with this changings to make spawn better. Please say why you like/dislike them and maybe change them or suggest others. Thank you
Kingglo
Rank: VIP 2
Current Project: Giant cathedral at /warp kingglo
Joined: May 2011

Re: Overhaul of Pwegoserver

nillas12
I vote NO for number 2. The Crafting Bench are a special thing on Pwegoserver, and one of the things associate with the server.
Nillas12.

SauceBoss of epic dimensions.

Re: Overhaul of Pwegoserver

Kingglo
I guess you can't move it outside town right?
Rank: VIP 2
Current Project: Giant cathedral at /warp kingglo
Joined: May 2011

Re: Overhaul of Pwegoserver

xWiiPPeD
Half of the stuff u said there is wrong. Glowstone in storage = NO. I've been on the server for a long time and the giant workbench has been there since i joined

Re: Overhaul of Pwegoserver

Kingglo
Ok then keep that workbench its not that important
Those are just suggestions
And why do you want no glowstone at storage?
Where should we get it then?
Rank: VIP 2
Current Project: Giant cathedral at /warp kingglo
Joined: May 2011

Re: Overhaul of Pwegoserver

poodleinacan
For my part, I'd like the rules to be more visible...not "hidden" in the welcome center...

Because a lot people sapm "HELP! I'M STUCK! HELP ME!" or "HOW DO WE GO TO SPAWN?" ...
When I fisrt came to the server, I read the rules and stuff. And I didn't spamed the chat with those things.

There should be a "first log spawn rule chamber", where people are forced to read the rules, when they fisrt visit the server.
IceVIP

Re: Overhaul of Pwegoserver

poodleinacan
The glowstone could be in a VIP storage... but the workbench is here to stay.
IceVIP

Re: Overhaul of Pwegoserver

Kingglo
Omg forget about this dumb workbench its ok...
Rank: VIP 2
Current Project: Giant cathedral at /warp kingglo
Joined: May 2011

Re: Overhaul of Pwegoserver

Kingglo wrote
1. Add Glowstone at storage.
last time that was done it was overused in buildings and looks ugly

Kingglo wrote
2. Remove that crafting table thing!
this would be like taking an important part of history out of the server so no :D

Kingglo wrote
3.Remove Halloween decoration
Agree

Kingglo wrote
4. Remove griefed city.
i believe this was part of old Magneta where people could build, should go when staff and admin's have time

Kingglo wrote
6. /warp tools should be moved.
isnt there a /kit tools command for this anyway?

Kingglo wrote
7.  Bedrock things wiht signs "Do not remove?"?
These are either markers for protected areas or 'view points' for admins to see their work or record videos on more to mark regions from what i understand

That's my 5 cents (since aussies done use 1 cent pieces lol)

Re: Overhaul of Pwegoserver

@syco, no kit tools, we got it removed. The warp stays.

Glowstone in storage will not happen, as syco stated, it was overused by many.

Re: Overhaul of Pwegoserver

r3v3r53d
I like the idea of a VIP storage, where you could get materials not normally allowed, eg Glowstone and Obsidian?

I know why GS wasn't allowed in the normal storage, someone explained to me once that some people built whole houses of the stuff and this was dog-ugly, so it got taken out as a result.

Anywho, I like most your suggestions Hyp.
Rank: former Arch (~)
Current project: none

Re: Overhaul of Pwegoserver

r3v3r53d wrote
I like the idea of a VIP storage, where you could get materials not normally
allowed, eg Glowstone and Obsidian?
we once had a VIP storage I believe, it was removed at some point if I am correct.

Re: Overhaul of Pwegoserver

r3v3r53d
That's a shame, any idea why they removed it Hyp?  I guess I'm asking more about the obsidian because as soon as I'm done with Palmanova I have another build in mind and it'll be made with a lot of obsidian in mind.  I'd prefer access to creative mode  but I'm also aware that it's not given out to just anyone, so I'm going to see if there's another way I can make do without.

R3v
Rank: former Arch (~)
Current project: none

Re: Overhaul of Pwegoserver

Greytopher
The workbench is historical.. its going to stay.
[Architect]
MSS member

Re: Overhaul of Pwegoserver

Greytopher
Hyp, you are correct. Each team (mag and ice) had its own storage back in the day. Mag had Glowstone, as far as I remember. But I dont know when it was taken out.
[Architect]
MSS member

Re: Overhaul of Pwegoserver

r3v3r53d
One of the other VIP3's last night gave a builder a challenge to build the Pwego world bank, it was kind of a joke, but if it turned out to be truly amazing, who knows...

But the idea of having all materials in one central location also occurred to me at the same time, I thought this sounded like a good idea and it's not exactly like we're wanting for lack of floor space in any of the buildings you already have in spawn-city, but maybe it's something else to consider as well while you're toying with the idea of moving things around?
Rank: former Arch (~)
Current project: none

Re: Overhaul of Pwegoserver

Fumster101

Re: Overhaul of Pwegoserver

Seriously that workbench is cursed, I've tried to remove it and it always comes back!

Re: Overhaul of Pwegoserver

r3v3r53d
Couldn't you just make the workbench smaller and maybe of different materials?  I'll be honest with you when I first saw it I didn't know what it was and I thought that it was butt-ugly, it wasn't until I got far enough away from it that I realized what it was.  Personally I believe it's just in need of a revamp.
Rank: former Arch (~)
Current project: none

Re: Overhaul of Pwegoserver

Dosycool
ZachBora wrote
Seriously that workbench is cursed, I've tried to remove it and it always
comes back!
Sounds like trying to ban players, they always come back!
I wonder what mysterious force does that?.....
Website! > http://www.dosycool.com
12