Okay Since the server is down can someone help me how to get 1.8 jar but keeep 1.7.3?

Okay Since the server is down can someone help me how to get 1.8 jar but keeep 1.7.3?

LARPADARP
hey the server haz been really laggin and i cant log in nao i was gonna play singleplayer but hey does anybody kno how to keep da 1.7.3 jar but get da 1.8 jar too? can u walk me through it step by step?

Re: Okay Since the server is down can someone help me how to get 1.8 jar but keeep 1.7.3?

Abuse
Download the client .jar file..
Than go to your start menu, and type %appdata%
Click on the .minecraft folder, and open up the bin folder.  Than copy and paste the file called "minecraft" onto your desktop for safe keeping, than remove it from the bin folder and replace it with the new jar file you downloaded.