New Rank Suggestion

JTPri123
In light of the resent de-oping of most ops I have come to a conclusion that I will probably never get op back.
So I have a suggestion, a new rank with limited cuboid powers such as cuboid, stack, and maybe brush. This rank will only be given to proven builders and will not be gained by donating. I realize that Staff1 will have similar powers so Staff1 powers should be stepped up a little bit should this new rank be made. The new rank will have all the powers of vip3, only with limit cuboid powers tacked on. It will also have NO admin powers like kick, ban, time (maybe), or any other form of server control, also they will NOT be able to build in all protected areas (like an op). This is just a suggestion for the rank and if you have concerns about this rank or any comments about it, just post them here. As for a name for this rank it could be something like "Advanced Builder" or "Architect".
Lets start a pwego wave!

Re: New Rank Suggestion

Re: New Rank Suggestion

ImJoeNemesis
I will bring this to the atttention of Zach
Swag/Pro

Re: New Rank Suggestion

Good idea Jt. Want a combustable lemon?

Re: New Rank Suggestion

JTPri123
Why yes, I would indeed enjoy a combustable lemon.
Lets start a pwego wave!

Re: New Rank Suggestion

PowerSpartanl99
I think this would be a great idea. Now there can be a way for a regular member to have powers similar to staff. As with the name I would prefer architect. Great idea. You deserve that lemon ;)

Re: New Rank Suggestion

JTPri123
This is also just a rough idea, the details can be worked out in a meeting.
Lets start a pwego wave!

Re: New Rank Suggestion

There seem to be a lot of people wondering why OP was removed. It's fairly simple : OP = OverPowered (actually it's operator but you get the point). Most plugins will override permissions if OP is enabled, including every security plugins.

The 1 and only reason to ever give OP is to allow a builder to build a building in spawn. Which was not the case for any of the people de-opped. They only wanted it to build Pandora.

Now they have been OP for a long time yes? Why remote it now? Because I saw abuse. I will not go in details as to what this abuse was, but I will give 1 example.

I saw Signs placed within spawn walls from someone who used compass to go through buildings with "X was here" written on them. The person in question wouldn't have been able to go "through" without OP.

For those who remember the episode back in December 2010, some "staff" back then used "through" to steal items from the Bank. They were punished and demoted.

We use the lockette plugin which protects chests and doors and other things. The "through" power bypasses locked doors among other things.

Also, worldedit has been configured to only allow some blocks to be spawned by Staff2. This is because we saw that a lot of diamonds and gold had suddenly appeared in the community and we suspected a staff of having done it. OP bypasses this limitation and allows to create any block. I don't want anyone mentionning seeing staff give or build with those blocks this isn't the place for that. I also suspect the prize for the Greenhills contest of having been spawn items

Someone spawned lots of animals at the end of the greenhills contest which caused quite some lag, at least for me. I don't think it was lakers and it wasn't me so it had to be one of the OPs.

Now that were the reasons to remove OP. I've given Staff1 worldedit because it they were helpless without it and had forgotten how to build without it.

Regarding the idea of creating a rank that is somewhat of a VIP4 called architect I am not against it. When I discussed the new ranks with Pwego I was my intention of giving VIP3 some worldedit command but we ended up not giving it. One of the issues I have is that worldedit can delete lockette signs, be that with superpickaxe or with set 0. I'll ask the lockette developper to see if there is something that could be done to prevent it if the user does not have lockette permission.

Re: New Rank Suggestion

JTPri123
Ok let me set the record. First it was me who put the "JTPri123 was here sign" in a secret room at spawn. I meant no harm by it and it was just a little gag sort of thing. Second the prize for the greenhills contest was diamonds and stuff I had mined, received at diamond drops, and sold greenhills plots for. It was all legit and fair. As for abuse of OP I don't think any of my actions were severe to any degree but if that dictates a de-op then fine. As for this thread its not about "why i was de-op'd" but about the new rank I has proposed. I admit to my actions and defend them and I would never do any thing to harm Pwego Server at all.
Lets start a pwego wave!

Re: New Rank Suggestion

JTPri123
And as for the spawning of animals I have no idea who did that.
Lets start a pwego wave!

Re: New Rank Suggestion

I was replying to No_Life_King about the reasons for the deop.

Re: New Rank Suggestion

marsman1224
Idea sounds great JTP :)
Though ill probably never reach anywhere near that rank
Yes, I am really from Mars.

Re: New Rank Suggestion

qwertyupo
Mars their is another mod idea, if lockette devs dont fix world edit and lockette signs we can make a mod like theirs that does!!!
MAG VIP
Official Terrace Bay Builder

Who else remembers when Yola was Synthasite

qwertyupo.yolasite.com (on its way, Under construction)

Re: New Rank Suggestion

ImJoeNemesis
I dont think we have any good java scripters, its harder than you think.
Swag/Pro

Re: New Rank Suggestion

Re: New Rank Suggestion

marsman1224
I am a java programmer
programming is different from scripting
I am good.
Yes, I am really from Mars.

Re: New Rank Suggestion

qwertyupo
Ohh plus marsmans mom is a pro programer
MAG VIP
Official Terrace Bay Builder

Who else remembers when Yola was Synthasite

qwertyupo.yolasite.com (on its way, Under construction)

Re: New Rank Suggestion

qwertyupo
And im marsmans protegee Programer

I also the one who comes up with the projects to try out which is what my post was about

Yes marsman works for me on terrace bay. He's great.