New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

KA_Gamer
All you have to do is install dynmap
VIP 2 baby! [Thanks to the awesome Lakersreloaded!]

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

sycoinc
KA_Gamer wrote
All you have to do is install dynmap
Depends how much it adds to the MC server load, another plugin may not work the best for the server but if it is a small impact then sure thing with it

Edit: +the map is prob way 2 big to render 'all' of it... would prob crash the comp it is on or not render the map view at all

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

KA_Gamer
My server has 1gb of ram and it runs it fine.
Here's the link to the map: http://ka-craft.beastnode.org:8249/#
Edit: About the map size, run the server on a whitelist and try to do the fullrender command.  It may take a little, but it really shouldn't crash
@Lakersreloaded: Pwegoable already tried just a map, and it was to big to view. Dynmap would be a better option. (dynmap is a live map).
Anti-Lagg plugins work wonders, I suggest you install ptweaks and then Dynmap, should help with the lag.
VIP 2 baby! [Thanks to the awesome Lakersreloaded!]

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

sycoinc
You have to remember the pwego map is like huge (15gb) or something and I believe it is on max what most hosts offer and still lags

But it is worth looking into since it is a nice plugin

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

KA_Gamer
sycoinc wrote
But it is worth looking into since it is a nice plugin
This is the point I was trying to make. I guess I'll try to be more clear next time.
VIP 2 baby! [Thanks to the awesome Lakersreloaded!]

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

sycoinc
hey its okay, just clarifying that the server uses huge resources that's all some ppl don't know how much it really does use.... I don't know the exact amount but generally know it is loads

in the end up to the ppl who manage the server to add it if they want we can make the suggestion

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

[MHD]<mikel15858>
Are you going to have a calendar on the home page (or a tab)? that would be nice, then we could see what community events are going on when :)

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

sycoinc
[Ambassador]<mikel15858> wrote
Are you going to have a calendar on the home page (or a tab)? that would be nice, then we could see what community events are going on when :)
that eventually is a good idea but on launch of the news site no there wont be

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

[MHD]<mikel15858>
thats ok, just wondering, i thought it would be nice to have a little idea of when community "stuff" is happening *cough cough* kimo and tyler-if-he-exists-anymore *cough cough*

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Do we have an estimated date for this to release???

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

sycoinc
Just need content and content takes time I hope soon but it's once he admins and myself get time I work on it I will be talking to pwego and the main admins this week since I will be on the computer more with work and can do / advise content changes

Believe me both pwego and myself want it up ASAP for you guys but most likely will be up after the new server change happens properly... 1st is that then the website

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Butkicker12
I would recommend hosting dynmap on a different webserver. If your putting the website on a vps, you should be able to put dynmap on there.

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

sycoinc
Dynmap will be hosted probably on where the mc server sits and I will link a page to it from the website depends what's easier and works when I look into it more

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

KA_Gamer
Butkicker12 wrote
This would be a better option, it wouldn't use the server that Pwego is hosted on to host the dynmap service. Plus, beastnode offers free webhosting space, so you could use that webserver (if Pwego is still using BeastNode).
VIP 2 baby! [Thanks to the awesome Lakersreloaded!]

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Dylbob
are u still using yola to creative this site

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

xWiiPPeD
I had a brilliant idea , A pwego radio !

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

No all custom coded with back end news section and content editing

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

poodleinacan
Great job on the site!
IceVIP
12