New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Hello Everyone,

I currently am making a NEW updated pwegoable.com website ( approved by pwego himself ) and will like to keep everyone in on some of the NEW features i am hoping to implement to the website.

I am custom coding nearly all the aspects of the website (not including the forums which may change from this forum) so that this community can get the best out of its presence on the internet.

Some of the features i wish to implement are as follows;

- Updated NEWS on home page to allow comments + easier editing for Admins
- Quick Links on the side of the home page / following pages for quick navigation
- Detailed Server pages outlining server specific information
- Updated Forum
- User Project upload section (this will take some time so don't expect this anytime soon)
+ many more visual and user interface aspects.

Keep an eye on this topic for more updates and any screenshots i may post. If you have any ideas or features you want on a website post below

- Stephen (sycoinc)

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Here is a preview of the Home Page layout. Please not the CONTENT and PLACEMENT is not yet final.

New Pwegoable.com Home Page

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

--- UPDATE 15/12/2011 ---

I am about to start on getting content into the pages and setting up the main links. Then writing a few how to's for the Staff and Admin that need to edit the site. I am hoping to get this finished by the end of the week and then be able to LAUNCH the new website SOON

I have been given a time Pwego wants this up by Soooooo i am trying to meet it. If you see changes be sure to comment.

On a side note, when the when the website launches the current forum will still be used BUT I am asking the admins of the forum to then migrate any Important posts over to the NEW forum before i make the new version of the forum live.

Then i will have a link to this forum if anyone wants to bring over their posts (copy and paste job until i find a better way to get major posts)

This is to clean up the forums and not have all the spam in it so please only bring over or remake topics that have heigh views or are in the projects folder and have lots of info in it.

--- UPDATE 13/12/2011 ---

I am getting ready and doing some final touches to the site then i will send a link to the admins of the server / site to check it out and start populating data.

Then i am getting to work on the NEW forum for the NEW site.

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

-- Reserved for Sycoinc --

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Use some js/jquery and cook up a nice image slider that can display popular screenshots from the Projects/Builds thread, and has an easy add and remove feature that admins can access to easily move pictures from threads to the image slider, or upload them straight from their computer.

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

sycoinc
Hypuhrr wrote
Use some js/jquery and cook up a nice image slider that can display popular screenshots from the Projects/Builds thread, and has an easy add and remove feature that admins can access to easily move pictures from threads to the image slider, or upload them straight from their computer.
Got the scroller going already the only thing it doesn't do at the moment is link from anywhere other than a html file... so off to sort that out when i get home, for easier updates.

Nice idea

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Would the User Project upload section be basically a user gallery?

anyway +100 internetz

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

sycoinc
EviiL wrote
Would the User Project upload section be basically a user gallery?

anyway +100 internetz
More advanced than that, but keeping it under the covers until most of it has been written, dont want to promise something that can't be delivered :D

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

sycoinc
I was going to use phpbb3 as the forums and skin it for minecraft / to be online with the new site I will send you a preview link via private message on here once I wake up lol

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Yes, and I use them the second most XD.

Back on topic. Is this going to be new, other website, or is it going to replace the old one? Will the web address still be www.pwegoable.com?

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

It will replace the old current site once it is done

**Edit: it will still have the same url too **

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Not mikel15858
how can i get a hold of 100 working internetz?
the ones i see are all still a little too "chilled"

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Hello Everyone,

An update on my progress.... Currently i am working out some bugs with the news script i have for teh home page... stupid cross browser stuff messing up my design.. BUT i have started on a new forum, just making a design as I type..

Soooooo... the forum could be up ready for the main ADMINS of the forum to start putting content up and learning how to use it... Any admins please PM me and I will send you a link as soon as it is ready.

Please see the 1st-3rd post here for constant updates even if there are no new posts :D

I am hoping to have the site up before 2012 (if my work load clears up)

over and out

-Syco

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

One thing that our server/site really needs is one of those live map things. Like this *click*. Many other servers have them and it would be really epic for us to have one too.

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

It doesn't even necessarily need to be a live map, a world map of any sort would be nice to have.

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I think a live map would be awesome! I would like that, it would make us seem a bit more professional too! So all te noobs will be like,"oh dis server is the EPICINISMSSZZZ I hasn't hazd in da longest time!" bet they would type like that too.

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

sycoinc wrote
--- UPDATE 13/12/2011 ---

I am getting ready.......
See my 3rd post for updates this week

Re: New Pwegoable Website UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Placing content and have advised ADMINS on how to edit and update... lets hope we can have this up within the next few days :D