More Server control for admins (thoughts)

More Server control for admins (thoughts)

Pwego
Administrator
So for minecon, i want to speak about more options for server owners. Adding new features like

For admins:
-height cap adjustment
-easy to use add-on sprite sheets for new blocks and paintings
====2 types
========  1. blocks - big grid with 12 spaces (4x3) -[][][][] <- break with shovel
                                                                       -[][][][]<- break with axe
                                                                       -[][][][]<- break with pickaxe

All new blocks will be auto assigned ids so only a certain range of ids will be available to fill with new block types.

======== 2. Paintings - same exact thing as we have now for paintings but up to 5 sheets for more.

All new paintings will be grouped. So if normal paintings are id : ## then when u add 1 new sheet of paintings they will be randomly placed with id : ##:1 and so on through each sheet.

For players:
-server texture packs
-in-game patch chooser, for going on multiple servers that run different patches
-Scroll wheel selection for paintings

I need help thinking of more

Re: More Server control for admins (thoughts)

splash25
Woo server texture packs!
Woo scroll through paintings!
And woo whatever that other thing is...

Re: More Server control for admins (thoughts)

LARPADARP
Woo Pwego!! Woo Minecon!! And woo you! lol

Re: More Server control for admins (thoughts)

- Server Texture Packs is a must... but having an option to turn it off on your own screen if you don't like it... like an option to use the server texture pack or the default textures.

Re: More Server control for admins (thoughts)

Have possibility to charge tool to break more blocks at once, like in Harvest Moon.
Ex: new shovel above diamond that would allow to dig 3x3
new hoe to make a straight line or 3 blocks
new pickaxe to break 9 stone

Charging tool would consume more food. Perhaps toggle it when you hold shift

Re: More Server control for admins (thoughts)

A server texture might be good but can also be bad.
Good:
-for those looking around they could see the map as we want it to be seen
-should stop xray packs

Bad:
-already made projects might look out of place with this texture pack possibly going to the extent of ruining it
- if its modern style, all those with a medieval style or so on will lose out, and the same for the reverse.

We could do what the voxel box do and make a texture pack for each of their areas, but in our case we could do one for modern, medieval, etc etc

Re: More Server control for admins (thoughts)

splash25
Woo! whatever zach said!

Re: More Server control for admins (thoughts)

rhoscrazy
*Looks at zach*.... superpick O.o
[VIP3] Rhoscrazy
- Bridge Builder Extraordinaire
- Official Owner of Whitevale
- Amateur time-lapse editor :D

Re: More Server control for admins (thoughts)

paul90133
4 the texture pack problum u could put i sign in front of your house sayin what texture pack the build was made with that could help : )
itsame

Re: More Server control for admins (thoughts)

Superpick is a grief tool. Charged tools wouldn't be as fast and available to singleplayer without mods.

Re: More Server control for admins (thoughts)

I myself, have been spending a lot of time on a server texture pack.  It comes in 16x all the way to 512x for those with good computers.  I have studied all the major builds and cities, and worked my texture according to those.  It allows us to see the server in a whole new light, even better than before.

Re: More Server control for admins (thoughts)

iamtylerharlow
all of these ideas sound really cool
and zach you should make it so that charged tools are only available to vips
tyler admin
"you laugh at me because i am different, i laugh at you because you are all the same"
"Everyone has a picture of what they want their life to be, some just don't have film."

CoB Admin
Redstone master!
Mag
Pandora
community project dude

Re: More Server control for admins (thoughts)

My computer can take it i think :I
Cob member vip3