Mod software

Westhead
For the past 2weeks Ive had the idea of making a mod, The mod that I thought of was "minecraft: total war" yes I got the name from the Total war series and this is what I would like to base the mod off. Problem is I can't find any videos of some good software on YouTube so if any of you guys know some please let me know (needs to be for PC not Mac) and if any of you wish to help just say and I might let you join.
Julias Caesar - I came, I saw, I conquered.
As much as I love Rome at times I really hate the SPQR reason being they killed the worlds greatest man whos name was gaius Julius Caesar -_-

Re: Mod software

nillas12
Eclipse. The best editor (in my opinion) and its free.
http://www.eclipse.org/

Edit: Also its for java (which is what minecraft is programmed in)
Nillas12.

SauceBoss of epic dimensions.