Guide for the Average Builder (Color for the Outside)

Guide for the Average Builder (Color for the Outside)

gruitar
Nillas had a great idea for making a guide, so I thought that I may shed some light on color schemes.

If you read my post on nillas' post, then you will have a basic understanding of what to do. This is a guide for those who really want rank ups, but can't seem to get a good color. Let's say that you made an apartment building. But, you made it out of stone, dstep, and redwood in addition to glass windows. That might be suitable, but it is over-used to the point of ugliness. It is boring, repetitive, and bleak. You did well with the siding, and the interior is above average, but admins just won't give you that vip2. What you need to do is explore, innovate, and above all, CREATE. This is an example: The tones of the stone and redwood compliment each other nicely, but it isn't original. Originality is key for buildings, so let's spice it up. (Doing cosmetic changes might force you to remake the shape of your building)

Working from the ground up, make a baseline of an earthy color. Sandstone, dstep, and stone are all good examples. Then make the shape of your building. For the example, we will use the basic rectangle. our color scheme is going to be red, so let's get some red-ish materials. Orange wool, while unavailable to builders, is a good accent-er. Brick, redwood, stone, wood, and dstep are the materials we shall use.

While you may be keen on making the building have lines running down and around it, exercise your brain and come up with a design. That's right, you need to think of an original design. It would also be good to draw out your building. you also want the design to work with your windows. Your floor plan, window placement, height, width, and location all factor into a design. The example will have a future theme, with circular windows and flowing designs. (Match lines and shapes. Organic+organic=yes, organic+geometric=no)

Brick is best used in small amounts, and as a type of accent. Brick should never be left alone to occupy a space. That is why we have redwood and stone. The stone is for the large spaces, and the redwood borders the brick. In the design, the circular windows are different sizes, so the brick bands will flow around the windows. The wood to to accent the darker colors of the redwood, brick, and stone. Add them in along the windows or as horizontal lines which the bands overlap. the dstep is used as a horizontal lining for the roof, and terraces. Think, horizontal texture=go side to side. Vertical texture=go up and down. You may ask, that is it then, right? WRONG.

The roof may seem like it is invisible, but it isn't. Do something with it, whether it be urban chimneys, a garden, or an artistic design only viewable from up high. Also, sometimes you may want to add other things to your buildings on the sides. If you make a uniquely shaped side, do not make the building symmetrical. While something look good as a mirror, attachments look good as a lopsided thing, so long as it centers your focus onto the building design. Also, make the attachment flow with the shape of the building. Sorry if this took so long, but the gist is: DESIGN YOUR OWN THING, EXPERIMENT WITH NEW BLOCKS, AND ALWAYS THINK ABOUT ALL THE LITTLE DETAILS. Please give feedback or your own advice if you want. Thanks!
One of the people who went on to the second world...Life

Re: Guide for the Average Builder (Color for the Outside)

nillas12
When I get on next time, I will give you 1000000 pwego's for this guide.

However might I suggest that you go about taking some pictures. Small kids doesn't read all that much, nor all that great.
Nillas12.

SauceBoss of epic dimensions.

Re: Guide for the Average Builder (Color for the Outside)

_lolminer101_
This is nice Gruitar - but as nillas pointed out - lil kids would have stopped reading at "...making a Guide,"

Maybe add some pretty colours or pictures xD

I did read it however and the advice - all be it small and condensed, I found helpful and somewhat inspiring! :]
Miners gon' Mine :D

I don't know how to upload pics onto these forums, or where to find pics that I take. Ehehe....I'm not tech savvy. Also, I can make a guide on form, if you want. If you help me get pics onto this, then yes, you can have it. I'm going to finally have that ƒabulous rank I've had my eye on.
One of the people who went on to the second world...Life

Re: Guide for the Average Builder (Color for the Outside)

TarkisRai
gruitar wrote
I don't know how to upload pics onto these forums, or where to find pics that I take. Ehehe....I'm not tech savvy. Also, I can make a guide on form, if you want. If you help me get pics onto this, then yes, you can have it. I'm going to finally have that ƒabulous rank I've had my eye on.
If you're using Windows, the screenshots are under [Username]>AppData>roaming>.minecraft>screenshots The AppData folder is hidden, so hold the Windows button (has the little Windows flag) and press R. The Run thingy should come up. Type in %appdata% and hit enter. I usually just upload pics to a facebook account and use their URL. Or you can click "Insert Image" Above the box you type your reply into and click "Choose File."
Skype: tarkisrai

3DS Code: 4081-5795-7588

Dear God, please grant me the power to punch people in the face through the internet.

I use a mac. And i really don't know tech talk.
One of the people who went on to the second world...Life

Re: Guide for the Average Builder (Color for the Outside)

hey im 8 so shash u! lol jk im way older then tat

Re: Guide for the Average Builder (Color for the Outside)

awgonin
ok what you do is press insert imaige like so so yeah. simple
as i rose from the sea i saw a world of wonders. i am from a city but not on the surface. i am from Atlantis. my mission to re create the great city on the surface.