Flint & Steel

burntcereal
I'm here to ask the admins a question.  Why is the use of Flint & Steel banned?  First of all, fire spread is disabled, so, how could a griefer destroy anything when simply breaking a block is more effective.

This rule was implemented when pwegoable was just a small server and vulnerable to attack, like in the very large magneta fire.  I realize it seems scary to allow us to set fires but...

- protected areas would be just fine
- it wouldn't actually destroy land
- the fires could be put out far easier than the removal of blocks
- high ranks could go about their business without being hassled to set fires
- Buildings for the lower ranks could have a new level of creativity

-Just like my previous posts, i'm not looking for a fight-

anyway, discuss
Magneta Team vip3 - MSS

Re: Flint & Steel

sycoinc
...live with it we all have to

Re: Flint & Steel

Fumster101

Re: Flint & Steel

nillas12
I guess we could allow the players to have flint and steel. But it wouldn't help you all that much, since you are not allowed to place fire.

So that is the reason.
Nillas12.

SauceBoss of epic dimensions.

Re: Flint & Steel

I do agree with u burnt but weve all played knowing that we cant light fires so personally i dont think this should change because would u want to go to your house and find someone has set EVERY block on fire. The fire wont go and removing it will be annoying. If u need fire ask a staff or someone who has creative for a fire block.

Re: Flint & Steel

Phillies
The reason I think we have flint and steel banned is because of the fear and bad connotations that come with the words flint and steel.
Vip3
Builder of:
-SoulCity
-Phillville
-Hemingdale
-Palace/Library
"You can't buy love because it's overpriced" - J Cole

Re: Flint & Steel

Im not sure if this is the reason its banned, but just maby bigbrother and hawkeye cant rollback fire? Not sure

Re: Flint & Steel

Greytopher
Fire lags the server. The server is laggy enough. :l
[Architect]
MSS member

Re: Flint & Steel

Littleredcow
There is no reason to unban flint and steel,  Because you can ask any arch+ and they'll light a for for you.
[Staff]

"Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
-Harold R. McAlindon

Re: Flint & Steel

@Little, who the hell is James Allen?