Dark/Light

marsman1224
I don't want to come across whiny but I've been noticing that a lot of admins will change the time randomly to night when people are trying to build and its become really annoying.  Sometimes two admins will fight over light and dark and switch it every 5 seconds, which is even more annoying.  I'm not calling for rights to be revoked, but PLEASE admins listen to what the other 50 people on the server want!!!  Don't try to override the /lvt results (some admins have been good at kicking others who do this).
Yes, I am really from Mars.

Re: Dark/Light

bernier
admins do what they want
Who has 2 thumbs and is Sexy, THIS GUY.

Don't Stop Bealievin' @_@

Re: Dark/Light

qwertyupo
Many admins give light check warnings and it hasn't always been admins that change it and start fight i have noticed that the lower ranked people are the ones initiating fights
MAG VIP
Official Terrace Bay Builder

Who else remembers when Yola was Synthasite

qwertyupo.yolasite.com (on its way, Under construction)

Re: Dark/Light

marsman1224
I agree the high ranked admins don't do it...what is the lowest level of light/time control?
Yes, I am really from Mars.

Re: Dark/Light

nic1010
I change time only to day

Re: Dark/Light

VIP3+ can, maybe vip2... They usually start the light/dark wars. But the problem I see is we never have night. Its day 24/7 which gets boring, Cities usually look better at night and we have lost the ability to see them since lvt. But day is needed to build, Just make torches :P

Re: Dark/Light

sycoinc
vip2 can change light but the guidelines is if there is a rank higher than you on that can change light they change it so if staff are on VIP's should not change light unless the staff is afk... thats about what i have worked out

Re: Dark/Light

marsman1224
I'm not suggesting that its light all the time, but  the light battles get irritating.  Sometimes i think it may be best to have lvt turn off for a while...and admin light power...
Yes, I am really from Mars.

Re: Dark/Light

Re: Dark/Light

qwertyupo
Yes the wars of any kind that spam the chat for everyone are annoying!! their should be a limit of only _ changes a minute and __ kicks a minute for everyone
MAG VIP
Official Terrace Bay Builder

Who else remembers when Yola was Synthasite

qwertyupo.yolasite.com (on its way, Under construction)

Re: Dark/Light

marsman1224
Yes I agree that there should be a limit.

But what is the point of VIP 2s having light powers? Its always one of them (occasionally VIP3) that start the wars.  Truthfully, I have only ever seen a staff do it once or twice (*cough* Nova)
Yes, I am really from Mars.

Re: Dark/Light

marsman1224
Does anyone know the maker of permissions/lvt?
Yes, I am really from Mars.

Re: Dark/Light

The maker of permission has nothing to do with this. He just offers a shell. It's the plugin themselves that handle everything. Go on forums.bukkit.org and search for the lightvote plugin if you want. As for the "poof" its night or day, we use CommandBook plugin which is customizable and I could remove the /time command from it IF you can find an alternative that allows more customization.

As to why VIP2 has /time, its because VIP2 used to be Public Assistant.

Re: Dark/Light

Re: Dark/Light

qwertyupo
Nolife you should make a thread for stories. start it with the one about arton