Custom texture pack

I was talking with Pwego yesterday and we're thinking of making our own texture pack.
We didn't talk about anything specific, no ideas and such.

If you got any you can talk about it and we'll see what can be done.

Most-likely I will try to make a texture pack based of real life pictures and such. I know it won't look very good but I still want to try it. It might look good as an HD pack though.

Re: Custom texture pack

rspminecraft
Sounds pretty cool Zach, would it* be like 256x256 when you say real though? I can run those but I know that not everyone has the best computer, which is why I'm wondering.

Also would we need to use that when building because staff would rate using it?
[Vip3] SilverCity, Magcolony, and now my new supercity! Goodman, Grey and m3ch are my broskis.
http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/rspgreytopher/

Re: Custom texture pack

Make pwego server a custom texture pack that is suggested foe the server. So when u join on the site have a quick acces point to the download link for the texture pack

Re: Custom texture pack

We're not going to force anything on Pwegoserver and still judge using default pack.
Custom pack would be for Bessie and probably enforced (so people dont use see thru texturepack)

Re: Custom texture pack

rspminecraft
alright sounds pretty cool then
[Vip3] SilverCity, Magcolony, and now my new supercity! Goodman, Grey and m3ch are my broskis.
http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/rspgreytopher/

Re: Custom texture pack

I wish notch would introduce Server side texture packs that override the users texture pack... use full for servers wanting to have buildings look a certain way or for a rp server..

but i think this idea of having a recommended texture pack for bessie (or pwegoserver) would be good even though still rate buildings on the default

i can help design some stuff if needed wit my leet skillz :P but never done a texture pack yet

Re: Custom texture pack

if you do check out dokucraft´s lava and water

Re: Custom texture pack

Schneids47
IF you do it, make it like the voxel box's texture pack, in that ores and furnaces, and other strange looking things can be used to build, and look good.  It will open the door for A LOT of extra creativity for the server.

Re: Custom texture pack

Steven881
If  you  are  going  to  make  a  texture  pack  for  Bessie  server  I  suggest  that  you  should  make  something  like  the  Docucraft texture  pack. Cause  Bessie  is  medieval  styled  right??
[Vip2]
Ruler  of  Aden!!!

Re: Custom texture pack

Well i dont know. I like the way default looks but maybe a mix between default, an rpg texture pack, and maybe moderncraft texture pack. But not that stupid mown grass thing in it.

Re: Custom texture pack

iamtylerharlow
how about an enhancement of default? most of the server is based upon default anyway
tyler admin
"you laugh at me because i am different, i laugh at you because you are all the same"
"Everyone has a picture of what they want their life to be, some just don't have film."

CoB Admin
Redstone master!
Mag
Pandora