Capes

BarmyGamerchimp
Been wondering for ages,
Is there a Cape plugin?
If so I think it would be cool for people to Earn a cape, say, when they'd earn a new rank they could say no and get a cape that corresponds with the rank :D

~Barmy

Re: Capes

splash25
Capes are very hard to get. As far as I know there is no mod for them, and the only way to get them is be friends with notch or go to minecon.
[Ć’abulous]splash25 ~ "Ask not what pwego can do for you, ask what you can do for pwego." -splash25

Re: Capes

BarmyGamerchimp
Nope there's plugins.
... Zach was telling me about a Plugin called 'Spout' on YouTube. (He said that he wanted a cape on my vid and then it started a conversation about plugins and mods - nerdy much? xD)

Re: Capes

there are quite a few cape mods, not sure if they are serverside, my guess is no.  It isn't impossible to make a plugin, and yes Spout would be the way to do so.

Re: Capes

Well, I looked it up and there us a mod for it but only you and other people with the same mod can see it.
[Ć’abulous]splash25 ~ "Ask not what pwego can do for you, ask what you can do for pwego." -splash25

Re: Capes

flamin_scotsman
Capes are normally looked up on the (minecraft) server, so to see custom capes you'd have to intercept that and sub in the one of your choice.

Spout is a (clientside) mod to try and expand the feature set of bukkit, adding access to things not available to servers - one feature of which is this ^^