About NLK...

Bloxin
Would anyone care to explain why he deleted his entire account? Fairly confusing to me.

Re: About NLK...

Fumster101

Re: About NLK...

No, he is still here.  He deleted it because he got tired of dealing with the immaturity on our forums, so I've heard.

Re: About NLK...

EviiL
Dont blame him hyp if thats true, immaturity is ripe on here, kinda like it is on the server.

Re: About NLK...

Bloxin
Well that's understandable. I haven't been on the server, so I cannot clarify if that is true or not. Thanks for the info, Hypuhrr.

Re: About NLK...

From what I saw, he left because someone else was deleting post and locking forums without informing him. He basically lashed out at us saying we can deal with people ourselves on the forums now, but in an NLK way. The ironic thing was that he said he was tired of dealing with the immaturity on the forums, but really he was also acting immature by screaming profanity at us on skype and reacting the way he did to this situation. He should know that is not the only one who manages the forums.
Here is some of what he said, "so have fun dealing with the stupid fucks"

PS. I did lock one of the topics about a recommended build of bukkit being released because of the mess NLK created when he basically said something like this "imbecile, we know a new build is it out". It then resulted in a forum war over NLK's actions.

Re: About NLK...

r3v3r53d
I wouldn't call it a war exactly, I was playing nice and simply suggested NLK do the same...

It was a little harsh what he said to that guys question though.
Rank: former Arch (~)
Current project: none

Re: About NLK...

Hmm, i wonder.
[12/12/2011 10:17:15 AM] XXXXXXXXX: who is locking topics on the forums without contacting me?
[12/16/2011 12:23:01 PM] XXXXXXXXX:I'm gonna say this one last time
[12/16/2011 12:23:02 PM] XXXXXXXXX: stop locking the damn threads without notifieing me
[12/16/2011 12:23:13 PM] XXXXXXXXX: or whoever is doing it can run the damn forums them fucking selves
[12/16/2011 3:18:07 PM] Circle Eight: Calm down, you aren't the only one who watches over the threads anyhow. I'm sure whoever did it has their reasons just like you have your so called reasons for lashing out at people.
[12/16/2011 3:20:01 PM] XXXXXXXXX: it's what i do
[12/16/2011 3:20:04 PM] XXXXXXXXX: live with it
[12/16/2011 3:20:13 PM] Circle Eight: Here I am living with it lol
[12/16/2011 3:20:29 PM] XXXXXXXXX: regardless whoever feels like doing my job feel free, i'm not going to tolerate the shit if i'm going to be undermined
[12/16/2011 3:20:41 PM] XXXXXXXXX: so have fun dealing with the stupid fucks
[12/16/2011 3:21:31 PM] Circle Eight: You need to learn though, you can't act like you're helpless and can't change from lashing out.  You can grow as a human being and calm down over simple minded junk like that.  Whoever is doing it should probably let you know, but think; who else has access to the website? I know you do, I know hyp does, I know zach does, kimo, lakers, rockgeek maybe, and that's about all I can think of atm
[12/16/2011 3:22:27 PM] XXXXXXXXX: regardless, i'm not reading your shit
[12/16/2011 3:22:32 PM] XXXXXXXXX: just removed my forum account
[12/16/2011 3:22:34 PM] XXXXXXXXX: have fucking fun
[12/16/2011 3:22:55 PM] Circle Eight: That's immature of you...I don't mean to get you upset, I'm just trying to reach out to you here.

Cant be having people post one side of the story now can we.

Re: About NLK...

Well you just made it worse. I did not show the whole thing because it was a lot crueler then I made it look. The X's are NLK

Re: About NLK...

Bloxin
...Wow. As for someone that hits hard on people not being mature, that's a new low for him.

Re: About NLK...

r3v3r53d
I have to admit when I was talking to NLK the other day on a thread he did like someone with a short fuse.  But yes, what's pasted above is pretty immature for him.

However one thing, is that the whole thread?  If it is, then Circle is completly in the right and I support them/him/her.
Rank: former Arch (~)
Current project: none

Re: About NLK...

Hmm, i wonder.
Regardless,  for someone who preaches that i wasn't the only one who worked on the forums i didn't see much actual help from you, circle, or any of the others saying that they did work here. The only help i ever got was from Hypuhrr, and he wasn't hypocritical about saying wether he helped or not. I put a lot of time into doing this and as i said, since you have seemed to volunteer yourself, have fun. You can ask any ACTIVE forum member how much some people need to be babysitted here. It's a hell of a lot more frustrating working with people when they can keep coming back under different names and are un-ban-able.

Re: About NLK...

TarkisRai
No offense to NLK, but even though he did a good job moderating the forums, he had too short of a fuse for such a thing. One of the things ALL moderators have to deal with is immaturity. He'd react to almost anything pointing out a flaw in most staff+ as disrespectul, even if it was intended to help.

One thing that gets me is that he complained about having to deal with immaturity, but felt Undermined when someone else stepped up.

I agree fully with everything Circle said. Whoever else was deleting threads probably should have notified other forums admins, but them not doing so should not be something to ragequit over.
Skype: tarkisrai

3DS Code: 4081-5795-7588

Dear God, please grant me the power to punch people in the face through the internet.

Re: About NLK...

Hmm, i wonder.
Being undermined and having someone step up are different situations, i asked for 3 days who did it and the day that i did lose my temper i had a business deal go bad losing me a couple thousand dollars, stepping up would have been lakers saying "I locked the thread for such and such reason" not saying nothing until my patience wears thin. Again, the only person to ever "step up" was Hypuhrr.

Re: About NLK...

Even If I didn't bother to say that I locked ONE small topic on the forums, that still does not give you any rights to act the way you did NLK. It is not like I lock a topic every single day, it was only one topic and the reason for me locking it was you. For the last few weeks, your attitude on the forums has gone sour and you have basically been releasing your anger out to the general population. A person of such a high rank should not express his anger like this. It is a shame that you do and I know you will respond to this with some post trying to defend yourself, but it is too late NLK. You overstepped the line this time.

Also I read the skype and your complaints making it seem like you have the hardest job here. You do not have the hardest job NLK. We all have our own jobs on the server that are equally hard. You administrate the forums and should still continue to do it, Hyp deals with some server issues, and I basically deal with the people on the server for about 4 hours a day. I have struggles on the server too. I have to deal with people who threatened to hack the server, people who have many accounts that just come on the scream profanity and cause chaos, griefers, noobs, ratings, and then worse of all, I have to deal with all of the children who fight over small things such as, "he stole my IronPic!". Hackers and spammers are one thing, but these children continue to fight for weeks over one minuscule incident. It is all happening in real time too, in the forums you are lucky because you can sit down a few times a day and deal with each one how you pleasure at your own pace.

Now I propose a truce, because this fighting can not keep progressing. Let us just go back to the way it was before this topic and forget about this whole thing.

Re: About NLK...

r3v3r53d
I don't want what I'm about to say be about one person, because it isn't so please do not feel I am targeting anyone in particular here...  But I wish all to read.

First of all, we've all have bad days, but taking out your frustrations out on others isn't the answer.

This problem doesn't stop with one person, I've noticed plenty of people lose their tempers and 'rage-quit' or rant for no good reason since I started playing on Pwego.  There's really no call for this type of behavior, mainly for one you've got children who play on your server and the type of language I've seen used really isn't suitable and secondly because as adults you're supposed to be setting better examples for everyone you're administering.

Yes this is a game, but like most good games there are referee's, and that's you guys.

Before anyone argues what I've said, if you're staff or an admin then you've already accepted the role and you've also accepted responsibility.  So Step Up!  If you're in charge, then you need to act like it and make decisions with maturity; if you want to argue, go somewhere private and yell at each other.

- - - -

With the constant bickering and the servers going down continuously I'm not even sure I WANT to remain on Pwego server.  I was recommended to come here and there's a LOT of people I enjoy talking to and have started to respect here, but at the end of the day I've honestly started to look for another server to play on...

I earned my rank through building, I've donated only after I gained rank because I felt it owed it to the server to help keep it running.  I think I'm generally a nice guy, but even I have my limits.

Yes I'm new, yes I'm a crotchety old fart, but don't forget through age comes experience...

- - - -

If you're still reading this, then good.  I have a couple of suggestions on what may help you all.

Admin's never getting to build
Every admin or staff member I've seen has always complained about never being able to build; I know this is a constant issue with so many people whinging to you and demanding help, ratings, cuboids, etc.  So the answer is simple, you need a better system...
My suggestion is to make a roster system up, there should be enough admin's on-board who can log in for a week to help, and change places with another admin the next.  If anyone's ever away for holiday's or whatever, then swap rosters with them, etc.  If you don't have enough people to form a proper roster, then you need more admin's.

Dealing with people
Everyone is different, some people are honestly clueless or overlook things that can be obvious.  Don't punish them for not seeing what you can see because you saw it hours ago.  They're people just like you and don't like to be yelled at, be nice, politely explain to them where they can look the information up in future and trust me you WILL gain respect for helping them like this.
It's going to happen time after time after time, there will ALWAYS be someone who doesn't understand you, doesn't read the full message or just simply leaps in without thinking.  I should know I've dealt with people like this for over 10 years!
What I've learned is that you have to take each person as they come, yes there's going to be some dumb questions.  But you can't expect everyone to know what you know, so treat them like that.  Lets face it, you were like that once, and don't judge people who don't pick up things as quickly as you do, that's another mistake.  Some people take longer than others to figure things out, it doesn't make them any less a decent person or player than you, be patient with them.

- - - -

All that being said I probably could say more, but I've got to get to work now and I don't have the time to dedicate to this thread.

Please note people, I WANT to help; so if you want advice, information or just someone to talk to then you can talk to me.  I don't want to be an admin though, or staff...  But I can help you guys, if you want it.

R3v.
Rank: former Arch (~)
Current project: none

Re: About NLK...

x30ffx
Seems to be the perfect example of a hypocrite... Anyway, why does he get so pissed if someone does the job that he thinks he has full control over?

x30ffx

[Architect]

"You fall into a pit!" is a message only NetHackers know about. (It doesn't involve hacking)

My picture shows the moon peeking out of a cloud

Denied

Um... people, helloooooooo?!?!?

I know you've all noticed this subforum, because almost everyone reading this has used it once before to ask for a title:
WE HAVE A REQUESTS SUBCATEGORY

yes, I know its hard to believe -_-

But yeah, maybe to relieve some admin stress, we can make it so rates, cuboids, and thel like can all go directly through there, and anything like that asked in-game can be, as no_life puts it so well:
DENIED

Re: Denied

r3v3r53d
This'll work, as long as you set the guidelines, ensure everyone sticks to them and then enforce them.

I suggest you simplify the 'requests' subcategory though, make it a simple queue system that all admin's access whenever it's their turn to play god. :P
That way every request will get looked at eventually, regardless which admin is on, off or whatever.

As it is, there's too many threads in there IMO.
Rank: former Arch (~)
Current project: none

Re: Denied

Mikel that will never work, only a small group of our community use the forums, so ratings, etc can;t be done here.  The way we do it in game works fine, as long as the people follow this simply format. For example:

Hypuhrr, May I please have a rate on my build?

It is so that we don't get message after message of just our names, and it takes longer and stresses people our more.