A few quick questions about 1.8

TSOA
Sorry to ask these here, but Pwego seems to have forgotten about the question board.
First off, a block of sponge that I had placed before 1.8 has turned into a block of dirt. Are sponges no longer usable in 1.8?
Secondly, it seems to me that, again since 1.8, water blocks no longer freeze into ice blocks. Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon?
Lastly, it also seems to me that blocks of ice no longer melt when exposed to torchlight. Is this a glitch within Minecraft itself or just within Bukkit?

Thank you for your time,
TSOA
"Thank you for asking! Yes, I am the crazy one! Now that we've got that out of the way..."

Re: A few quick questions about 1.8

My guess, all of these are due to what we have set up for the server, so builds won't melt.  Plus we don't have weather on so he water won't be freezing.